Amtrak operates approximately 120 daily trains through Pennsylvania, including Acela Express, Keystone, and Regional service. In addition, Amtrak operates the following long-distance trains through Pennsylvania:
- The Capitol Limited (daily Washington-Pittsburgh-Chicago)
- The Cardinal (tri-weekly New York-Washington-Cincinnati-Chicago)
- The Crescent (daily New York-Atlanta-New Orleans)
- The Lake Shore Limited (daily New York/Boston-Erie-Chicago)
- The Palmetto (daily New York-Philadelphia-Savannah)
- The Silver Meteor (daily New York-Philadelphia-Miami)
- The Silver Star (daily New York-Philadelphia-Tampa-Miami)
- Check out Pennsylvania's very successful Keystone Service between Harrisburg and Philadelphia here!
Amtrak also operates the following shorter-distance trains through Pennsylvania:
- The Pennsylvanian (daily New York- Philadelphia-Harrisburg-Pittsburgh)
- The Carolinian (daily New York-Richmond-Charlotte)
- The Vermonter (daily Washington, DC-St.Albans, Vt.)
In addition to Amtrak’s inter-city services, SEPTA and New Jersey Transit operate commuter services over the Amtrak-owned and operated Northeast Corridor and, in the case of SEPTA, over a portion of Amtrak’s Harrisburg Line from Philadelphia to Harrisburg. Amtrak provides electric traction power for SEPTA’s operations over the Northeast Corridor and other lines owned by SEPTA.
For schedules, fares and other service information, visit www.amtrak.com.