Car Pooling Benefits
From saving money to reducing your carbon footprint, car pooling offers many benefits over commuting alone:
- Save money: By sharing expenses with other commuters, car pooling saves money on gas, car care and parking fees. It reduces wear and tear on your vehicle. And many insurance companies offer discounted rates to people who are part of a car pooling program. To see how much money you can save, use the cost savings calculator.
- Reduce traffic congestion: Nobody likes to sit in traffic. By car pooling, you’re doing your part to reduce the number of cars on the road. The more people who make that choice, the less traffic congestion there will be.
- Help protect the environment: Fewer cars on the road also means less air pollution, including carbon emissions that contribute to climate change. Learn more about how car pooling helps the environment.
- Reduce stress: Driving can be extremely stressful. Sharing driving responsibilities with other commuters gives you a chance to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Once you try it, you may find it’s hard to go back to commuting alone.
- Meet new people: Car pooling is a great way to make new friends and start new professional relationships. To find other commuters you are compatible with, use the Match & Ride tool.